Thursday, May 27, 2010

Observations

Shralping from jake garrett on Vimeo.


Not sure what the hell schralping is, but best I can tell, it has something to do with a leprechaun, dressed as a fairy, chasing a lumber jack. Being that they are on bikes, though, I'm cool with that. Trail looks fun, but probably not passable for an old guy like me. Then again, that's probably why I'm clueless on schralping.



Palm trees! That's what they went with, palm trees?! Awhile back, I walked down memory lane, regarding an old Kmart, turned Albertson's, that was demolished to make way for a new Publix. They uprooted all of the oaks that had stood for years, and are repaving the lot to fit Publix standards. Today I roll up and see great big, giant palm trees. That's what they brought back?! What the hell? Are we to think of Publix as a relaxing island oasis, filled with cat litter, grape soda, and the latest in microwaveable, frozen, gourmet diet food? Or, did one more super brilliant VP of Parking Lots, over at Publix headquarters, decide that since we live in Florida, and since the entire state is a giant beach, and palm trees are the state bird, that clearly, palm trees will make the locals feel more at home? After all, isn't Publix just an extended member of the family?

Enough mockery, I'm moving the furniture around a little. Since WB had a mid-blog crisis, and erased all of the links I used on a 50 times daily basis, I had to add some more links up in here. Then I found that it was kinda nice seeing the titles, so I could tell who was talking, who was sleeping, and who was dead. Unfortunately, that's making things a little visually busy, and I'm not sure it will last. Whoever posted most recently will rise to the top, like sweet cream. The dead guys will sink to the bottom. Let me know what ya think. Or don't.

6 comments:

BIG JIM said...

Me like the new format and quit bitchn' about the palm trees. Picture yourself hitting the new Publix after work, buying a orange cursh then leaning up against one of those lovely palms while sipping on that tastey beverage. Ahhhhhhh

Human Wrecking Ball said...

Ya or maybe you could drink that orange cursh out at Alfred Arm.

BIGWORM said...

Insert mental image of Big Jim's boiling head!

Mark said...

Terry, Don't make fun of Jim. He will cursh you.

I like the palm trees. They compliment the big tall concrete lights. Besides, they make me want a margarita. I'd rather see those than some ole dirty scrub oak...

BIGWORM said...

He will cursh you, with one mighty flick of his Alfredo Sauce Arm!

FroRyder said...

Thanks to you I now have “they paved paradise and put up a parking lot” by the counting crows stuck in my head.