Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Memorial


Tonight there is a Ride of Silence, to deliver a ghost bike to the site where my friend lost his life. The weather is grey and ominous, and life's stresses weigh heavily on my shoulders. No matter the weight, things could always be worse. I could be in young Jake's shoes, and have seen my father in ways that no son should ever see. I could be the mother driving that car, carrying the death of a father, forever on my heart.

I lost an old friend, but there are those who lost so much more. To them, my heart goes out.

The cacophonous, clamor of life can be earsplitting at times.

Tonight is for silence.


1 comment:

Human Wrecking Ball said...

I always think of that woman in a sympathetic way. Both ends of this awful equation equal; it could have been me.
All through the time we were at the site all I could think about was how terrible it must have been to sit on that rocky ground waiting to be awakened from the nightmare. More than anything I wish there was something I could for Jake and Dave, but I guess riding that night was the best and simplest solution.