Thursday, February 28, 2008

Cold...


Last night's ride may have been one of the coldest this year. Either that, or the recent warm trend had already begun to soften me up. I found out later, from Marcus, that it was about 46 when we passed through his neighborhood. The group was small. Just myself, Ice Berg, Wrecking Ball, and Big Jim Slade showed up for the freeze fest. Berg had his sissy hat on, but with a little badgering, he hung in for 95% of the ride.


All in all, it was a good time, despite the cold. Every time I tried to go a little harder, my legs felt like frozen walrus, and my lungs burned from the cold air. Back in the parking lot, my toes ached to no end. My heater is on the blink, so no love until I got in the shower. The way I see it, we better embrace these cold rides now. We'll miss them dearly during the 100 degree, summer swelter rides in July and August.

1 comment:

Human Wrecking Ball said...

Oh so, now you dropped me with frozen walrus legs!? Walrus's don't even have legs!
BASTARD!
W.B.Z.N.